A bit about Greek nature and Mythology
Ancient myths come alive in one of the most beautiful mountains that embrace Athens: Mount Imittos (Hymettus). And now you can learn about them and explore through our kids’ activities in Athens tour. Discover the incredible wealth of Greek nature, just a few minutes away from the city center, and learn about the secrets of Greek mythology in a fun and original outdoor activity for the whole family.
What we offer
Looking for a relaxing family travel experience with more than 'just' beaches and sunshine? The city of Athens is a mythological playground and our Enchanted Forest Family Tour will teach children (and not only them) about Greek trees and plants in an unforgettable, playful way. They will get to discover the ancient myths that surround Greek nature and make their own herbariums. The whole family will also enjoy a wonderfully fun and stress-free guided visit to an exquisite 11th century Byzantine monastery.
The tour is led by Stella, our expert in kids’ activities in Athens. The activity is guaranteed to get your kid’s heart pumping and it’s suitable for children 6 to 12 years old, but it’s designed in a way that makes it interesting for parents to attend as well. Who says learning about nature and mythological creatures has to be boring?
Our Enchanted Forest Family Tour highlights:
- Discover the secrets of the Greek forest and the ancient Greek myths behind it.
- A real-world experience where you'll learn about tree leaves and fruits, the story behind a plant's name, its properties and its ties with Greek mythology
- Play nature-themed interactive games using your body and senses
- Collect plants and create your own herbarium to take back home with you
- Visit the byzantine monastery of Kesariani and get acquainted with its role and importance in a unrecognized period in the history of Athens
- Learn about byzantine art and the Greek orthodox Church
|Running period:||from April to October|
|Starting time:||10.00am daily|
|Meeting point:||Kesariani Monastery|
|Minimum participants:||4 children|
|Price:||35 € per child|
Please note that the Monastery is closed on Mondays.
• English-speaking licensed guide
• Materials for the creation of a herbarium
• Transportation to/from the Kesariani Monastery (can be arranged at extra cost)
• Entrance fees to the Kesariani Monastery (adults: 2€ - free for children)
• Gratuities (optional)